Hair loss issues or thinning hair occurs as a usual process of aging, but they can also arise from an underlying medical condition or scarring related to any injury. This could also be due to genetic issues and may lead to deterring the confidence in some individuals. Many people who have this hair loss issue choose to have various available hair restoration treatments according to precise requirements. Some surgical hair transplants may provide hair loss patients with some results but they will not offer customized treatment to treat specific problems and also involves some other complications.
What leads to male-pattern hair loss?
- Hair generates from the hair follicles present beneath the surface of the skin. Every hair lasts for around 3 to 5 years when its falls and new hair generates from the same follicle. This cycle is regular throughout the life of a healthy individual. A significant portion of men experiences the issue of male-pattern hair loss at the age of 30. It occurs when an altered form of the male hormone testosterone, Dihydrotestosterone (DHT), starts to attack the hair follicles. This leads to the shrinking of follicles and the production of thinner hairs. As the healthy hairs shred out and are replaced by the weakened hairs, there is high visibility of these hairs.
- But this process is completely dependent on the genetic pattern of an individual. If you have the genes to resist the DHT, then there will be no significant hair loss. If the genes are weaker to resist, then you are vulnerable to it. The hair follicles present on the sides and back of the scalp usually can defend against DHT, which is the reason for the majority of men to retain hair on these parts. The male pattern hair loss usually tends to happen very fast and if you are affected at a young age, then you will see the aggravated outcomes.
- Hair loss also occurs among a portion of women due to factors like hormonal changes. They are the male androgen hormones that can lead to this issue at any timeframe during the timeline. But they are more susceptible after menopause when there is a decrease in female hormones and an increase in male hormones. Similar to male pattern hair loss, the testosterone is transformed into DHT and this causes follicles to shrink significantly.
Best hair restoration treatment methods:
There are many modern treatments introduced in recent years to regrow the hair lost by male pattern hair loss. This can be tried if you are not responding well to traditional treatments and are receiving them for many years. Even lotions, oils, or pills may not give you the accurate results that you are hoping for. Hair transplants are restricted to give only some portion of hair and you won’t get a result of evenly spread hair across your scalp. It may also need more than one surgical procedure and cost more than expected. Hence, people opt for modern methods of hair restoration treatments like PRP Therapy.
- PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy is a dependable method for hair loss to provide you back the hair you have always wished for. Platelet-rich plasma is a medical treatment in which the own blood of a patient is drawn, processed, and inserted back into the patient’s scalp. PRP stimulates the natural hair growth in the body and also preserves it for longer by enhancing the blood supply to the hair follicles.
- To know the working of PRP, it is crucial to know the ability of platelets in promoting the healing process. Platelets are present in blood together with white and red blood cells. They are the first arrivals to the spot when an individual sustains a cut or a wound to stop the bleeding and start the healing process. This led to the idea by the analysts that if they could extract these concentrated platelets from a patient’s blood and inject them back to the injured area, they may stimulate the healing process.
- As PRP was filled with more platelets, they were used to treat tendon tears, wounds, and joint pains. It was the same idea that growth factors in platelets will encourage the growth of new tissues. To develop a PRP a specialist will draw blood from a person’s body and place it in a centrifuge machine. This machine separates the blood components followed by the extraction of platelets for usage.
- PRP is filled with multiple growth factors and essential substances needed to stimulate tissue repair. A majority of hair loss occurs due to the impaired hair follicles, researches tried PRP to stimulate hair growth especially occurring from male pattern baldness. The majority of success in these procedures has led to the usage of PRP for treating hair loss.
An expert doctor will follow the below procedures in PRP treatment for hair loss:
- Drawing blood from a vein in the arm.
- This blood sample is kept in a centrifugal machine.
- This machine separates the components by spinning.
- Platelets are extracted from this with the help of a syringe.
- An expert doctor will inject this PRP into the desired areas.
The complete process may last for around an hour but require multiple sessions. A person who receives this treatment can go back to their routine without any downtime.
How long does it last?
As PRP is not a direct cure for hair loss issues, a person will need to revisit the treatment for suggested time intervals to sustain the results. It is important to follow the doctor’s instructions and take follow-up treatments depending on the response of that individual and their other specific issues. Usually, maintenance injections are suggested every 3 to 6 months after the person adjusts to this treatment.
If you would like to restore your hair effectively with modern nonsurgical hair restoration techniques, then associate with Chariss Family Medical Clinic & MedSpa who provide the best PRP therapy for treating hair loss issues.