Hair loss is a common phenomenon and annoying issue that is affecting all genders. A significant portion of men and women will lose some amount of hair every day. It is a normal process with the aging of the body but will be a serious concern if this hair loss is more severe. With the evolution of medical science, there are many advanced hair restoration treatments with changing levels of success and reliability. By knowing the ins and out of these processes you will be able to adapt the accurate, proven, and effective type of treatment.
Advanced hair restoration treatments:
Some of the over-the-counter hair restoration medications like minoxidil (Rogaine) and finasteride (Propecia) have shown some amount of effectiveness in restoring lost hair.
Minoxidil: Minoxidil is a medication that was originally employed in treating hypertension issues where it showed some adverse effects of unwanted hair growth. This adverse effect provided a good reason for medicine developers to produce it for hair loss issues. It leads to the development of thick hair by widening the hair follicle, increasing the hair growth period with safe outcomes.
Finasteride: Finasteride is highly used in treating male pattern baldness that usually affects the center part of the scalp. But care should be taken while using this medicine as it has shown some adverse effects when taken without expert care. This medicine is recommended for adult men and avoided among kids and women who are nursing or pregnant. This medicine was originally employed to treat prostate cancer as it works by reducing the amount of hormone named DHT in the scalp. DHT is the reason for thinning of hair follicles, hence with the reduced DHT levels, there may be a reduction of hair loss. Unlike minoxidil, finasteride will not affect hair growth on other portions of the human body.
There are few proven therapies for hair loss treatments that are used as a combination of ointments, shampoo, creams, and other medications. As these therapies also have the chance of showing adverse effects, it has to be used with expert advice. It will not only ensure optimal effectiveness of the treatment but also be safer until the duration of the course.
Surgery: Hair transplant surgery is the only type of surgery that is employed for treating hair loss issues. Again, this treatment is employed in men with the issue of male pattern baldness. This surgery follows a procedure of plucking the hair follicles from the back portion of the head where they are unaffected to DHT and replacing them on the bald region.
Laser combs: This is one of the latest forms of hair treatment that uses concentrated light to encourage the growth of hair follicles. There is a mixed level of effectiveness seen with this treatment, that will only work to a certain extent when employed with other procedures.
Wigs: Some permanent or non-responsive hair loss issues are treated with non-medical ways like wigs or advanced hairpieces. With the evolution of science, many advanced forms of these devices hide hair loss issues and provide a solution without any medical treatments. In addition, If the hair loss is caused due to a medical problem, then the cost of these devices is covered by the insurance provider.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a treatment that is employed to increase the process of healing across different regions in the body. The same therapy was found to be effective in restoring the hair especially with male pattern baldness that leads to shrinkage of hair follicles. Even though this might not be a sure shot solution, pieces of evidence have proved its effectiveness to a significant percentage in restoring hair growth.
- To know the working of PRP, it is key to know the role of platelets in promoting healing across various places in the body. These platelets are blood components along with white and red blood cells in the body. Platelets are the first responders in the case of bleeding or injury and stimulate healing in the region. Researchers found that if they could pull out the concentrated platelets and inject them into any damaged parts of the body, they could help in increasing the healing process.
- PRP starts with the process where a medical professional will collect the blood sample and insert them into a machine called a centrifuge. This machine spins at a fast pace separating the blood components. An expert medical professional will extract the platelets to be used in injecting the problematic region.
- PRP includes a huge portion of growth factors and proteins that increase the tissue repair process. As hair loss is majorly caused due to problems in hair follicles, researchers found out that PRP could help regrow hair. After significant evidence, this PRP treatment has been employed as a popular method of restoring hair, along with treating injuries to muscles, tendons, or ligaments.
- PRP is not a complete cure for problems caused by hair loss. Due to this, a series of PRP injections scheduled at regular intervals would be needed to maintain the hair growth issues. This is true for other forms of hair loss treatments like medications, therapies, or surgeries. The scheduling of treatments is dependent on the various health conditions of a patient or their response to initial PRP injections. Once the hair loss issue is brought to control, specialists may suggest regular injections every 3 to 6 months.
Every human being loses around 50 to 100 hairs every day. This is not an element to worry about as the hair gets replaced by healthy follicles. But if the hair loss issue is aggravated and you can see visible changes, then it is an issue of concern that needs to be addressed quickly. When PRP for hair loss is performed at a reliable center like Chariss Family, you will be guaranteed to get effective results. We blend advanced technologies with optimal services in a soothing atmosphere for high-quality patient care.